Be careful when heating liquids in your microwave. A phenomenon called superheating can occur where the liquids temperature exceeds the boiling point (212 degrees), but shows no signs of boiling. If the liquid is moved or stirred, it can ignite violent boiling, potentially burning someone. Items heated in tall containers are especially prone to this. To help prevent it, stir the liquid before placing in the microwave; don't heat for more than two minutes; and allow the liquid to cool in the microwave undisturbed for at least 30 seconds.